ACP Recognizes Third Year Pharmacy Student
Achievements at Awards Luncheon
OAKWOOD, VA (MAY 5, 2023) – The Appalachian College of Pharmacy recognized its third year pharmacy students for their achievements at the college during the past year during a luncheon awards ceremony, May 4.
“We are very proud of our third year pharmacy students for their accomplishments during the past year and we congratulate them for their achievements,” said ACP Provost and Dean Susan Mayhew.
First and second year pharmacy student awards will be given May 18.
Third year students recognized Thursday were as follows:
- Highest GPA: Divine Kaba Mbah;
- ACP Dean’s Award: Julia Renea Deel;
- ACP Academic Excellence in Pharmacy Award: Shelomith Eguono Akpoghenobor;
- ACP Professionalism Award: Michael Devon Stewart;
- ACP Distinguished Service Award: Irisdanay Garcia;
- ACP Outstanding Student Leadership Award: Ayomipo Emmanuel Adeyemo;
- ACP Community Service Award: Divine Kaba Mbah and Megan Marie Little;
- VIATRIS Excellence in Pharmacy Award (Mylan previously): Afrien Jahan Islam;
- VSHP Excellence in Health Systems Pharmacy Award: Colby Jordan Osborne;
- Wolters Kluwer Clinical Drug Information Award of Excellence in Clinical Communication: Jonathan Mark Ritchie;
- ASHP Student Award: Saman Vafaie; and
- VPHA Research and Foundation Student Award: Achea Quinta.
Distinguished Interprofessional Education Scholar Awards were given to Cody Terrell Howard, Danika Michale Lee, Megan Marie Little, Divine Kaba Mbah, Colby Jordan Osborne, Jonathan Mark Ritchie, John Houston Spears, Saman Vafai, Brianna Nicole Meadows, Kylea Madison Pinion, Chandler Quade Rowe, Anas Noralden Gabbar, Kristen Beth Coleman and Albereshio Bernard West.
Preceptor, faculty and staff awards were also presented and included the following:
- ACP Excellence in Clinical Teaching: Dr. Charla Thompson;
- ACP Excellence in Science Teaching: Dr. Ingo Engels;
- ACP Administrative Staff Member of the Year: Joshua Snead;
- ACP Student Organization Advisor of the Year: Dr. Ingo Engels;
- ACP Preceptor of the Year: Dr. Sarah Ramey;
- ACP Preceptor of Excellence: Dr. Randall Cole;
- ACP Preceptor of Distinction: Dr. Faisal Hossain;
- Community Outreach Acclamation Award: Dr. Randall Cole; and
- Above and Beyond: Dr. Randall Cole.
Dr. Bridgett Pack was named the winner of the Distinguished Alumni Award.
The Appalachian College of Pharmacy is the only three-year Doctor of Pharmacy program in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Founded in 2003, the college accepted its first students in 2005. It is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Its mission is to cultivate a learning community committed to education, community outreach and the professional development of pharmacists. Its graduate pharmacists are now practicing throughout the United States.Back to All News