Educational Programmatic Development
Provide a well-sequenced, comprehensive pharmacy education that stresses the importance of early exposure to multiple facets of the profession of pharmacy with a curriculum that provides an integrated educational experience and fosters critical thinking, problem solving, and entrepreneurship to transform students into independent life-long learners.
- Increase the use of innovative pedagogy and student-centered learning models that foster an increase in student accountability.
- Encourage graduates to enter post-graduate opportunities with the goal of 15% percent of graduates applying to post-graduate programs annually. .
- Achieve and maintain a first-time passing rate on the NAPLEX exam that is equal to or greater than the national average.
- Utilize novel curricular design to enhance student learning.
Utilize continuous quality improvement in curricular development and assessment.
- Utilize a systematic process for ongoing evaluation and improvement of the professional program’s educational content, delivery, outcomes and resources.
- Conduct ongoing longitudinal assessments of student pharmacist professional development.
Recruit and retain qualified student pharmacists.
- Utilize an innovative recruitment program that will attract qualified students to the College with an emphasis on recruitment from the Appalachian Region.
- Identify and evaluate admissions criteria that may be predictive of successful completion of the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Utilize and improve systems to increase student retention, to achieve < 5% academic dismissal rate each year.
- Increase internal and external financial assistance available to ACP students.
- Improve the student advising program and support student professional and leadership development.
- Develop programs that promote cultural diversity.
Model contemporary patient-centered care that utilizes a practice model that emphasizes the importance of the pharmacist as a key member of an interdisciplinary health care team, and that promotes excellence and advancement in the practice of pharmacy.
- Support and enhance inter-professional education and collaborative practice models that measure patient outcomes in rural and underserved areas, particularly in Appalachia.
- Establish and support a community Medication Therapy Management Call Center that delivers patient-centered care while providing student learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with professional associations, legislators, and other health care partners to attain provider status for pharmacists.
- Enhance and expand wellness programs.
- Develop innovative programs that embrace technology to promote interdisciplinary collaboration in providing pharmacy services.
Service and Outreach
Develop and promote innovative service learning and volunteer opportunities to enhance professional socialization and the value of the college to the community.
- Increase faculty involvement in the Pharmacist in Community Service program.
- Design and pursue awards or grants for innovative community service and outreach projects.
- Maintain opportunities for international pharmacy outreach experiences.
Offer educational training experiences that assess and respond to the needs of rural and medically underserved communities.
- Develop assessment measures to evaluate the impact of community service and outreach.
Expand professional development and continuing education to the ACP community and its affiliates.
- Increase the number and type of continuing education opportunities.
Encourage and support research, scholarly activities, and publication in the areas of the biomedical sciences, clinical pharmacy practice, individual and population health and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Utilize and expand research facilities and resources that support the College’s research mission and faculty needs.
- Expand the number of faculty engaged in research and scholarly pursuits.
- Provide research opportunities for students.
Faculty, Staff, and Administrator Development
Foster faculty, staff, and administrator development.
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Provide opportunities for participation in leadership training for administrators and for potential leaders within the College.
- Provide and promote preceptor development.
Provide fair and equitable treatment of all employees in conformity with the law and to attract and retain qualified personnel.
- Utilize retention and recruitment strategies to maintain an adequate number of faculty, staff and administrators.
Institutional Infrastructure Development and Refinement
Utilize comprehensive institutional strategic planning and assessment to guide the institution.
- Revise the College’s strategic plan every five (5) years.
- Review and operationalize the College’s Strategic Plan and planning matrix annually.
- Develop and utilize action plans to enhance institutional effectiveness and support the strategic plan.
- Maintain accreditation status from SACSCOC and ACPE and maintain recertification with SCHEV.
- Assess and allocate resources for the optimal operation of the institution.
- Complete internal and external assessment of the perception of College.
Expand and improve the physical facilities and resources.
- Enhance and expand the campus and its facilities to allow for future growth of new or existing programs.
- Develop and refine contracts, policies, and procedures within the organization to align with current practice standards and legal boundaries.
- Maintain the campus in accordance with established maintenance and safety plans.
- Ensure that library collections and resources support the educational and research programs of the College.
- Evaluate and utilize innovative technologies to enhance the educational program.
- Enhance marketing and branding of the institution.
Expand college funding and assets.
- Obtain funding to expand resources available for growth and development of new or existing programs.
- Increase college assets by $5 million dollars.
Enhance program development and communication.
- Develop an Alumni Association.
- Enhance communication with supporters, alumni, and other constituencies through various means such as social media, websites, newsletters, and press releases.
- Develop new or non-traditional educational programs as feasible.