Senior Associate Dean
The Appalachian College of Pharmacy invites applicants to apply for the position of Senior Associate Dean. The Senior Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean and holds a faculty rank of Associate Professor or Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences or Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences. The ideal candidate is an innovative and experienced leader in pharmacy education who possesses a distinguished record for teaching, scholarship, and professional engagement. The college seeks a highly motivated team player who wants to make a positive contribution to our programs, students, and college community.
In collaboration with the leadership team, essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with all ACPE, SACSCOC, USDOE, and SCHEV requirements and standards.
- Provide oversight and leadership for the management and advancement of the curriculum.
- Seek and develop interprofessional education opportunities with regional collaborators.
- Provide oversight and leadership for curricular and institutional assessment activities.
- Proactively seek opportunities to expand the programs and outreach of the college.
- Mentor faculty to advance their teaching and leadership potential.
- Pursue and promote the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree in a health profession, education, or other appropriate discipline. A professional degree in pharmacy is desirable, but not required. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a completed application (available at www.acp.edu), a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references to Human Resources, Appalachian College of Pharmacy, 1060 Dragon Road, Oakwood, Virginia 24631. E-mail: HR@acp.edu. Please indicate the position of Senior Associate Dean in the subject line of correspondences.
The Appalachian College of Pharmacy is certified to operate in Virginia by the State Council for Higher Education of Virginia and is an equal opportunity employer.